Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rag Rug-Along Week 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Uz4H47-wc

I'm not blog savvy enough to figure out how to link a YouTube video into my posts. If anyone knows feel free to post a comment with how to do it. The above link is to a rug making video. Just a little inspiration since we're already a month into the project. Things will pick up over the next few weeks as we create the fabric balls, braid them and start to wind our rugs.

I posted a column on the left side with links to the previous weeks. So far we've just gathered and washed material and are now in the process of cutting them into 2.5" strips. I've been having trouble trying to cut my large sheets without shifting so this week I'll be cutting them down to more managable pieces and joining them together.

Week Five Assignment - Finish cutting materials and if you've got the time start joining them together on the short ends. Sew them across with a small 1/4-1/2" seam allowance and roll them into balls. You'll end up with three 6-8" (or larger if you want!) balls of strips.

Happy cutting and sewing!

And if anyone is actually doing this along with me please let me know!

No comments: