Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We Love TMBG


They Might Be Giants has released some very cool, very educational videos and CD's over the past few years. I've been gobbling them up as soon as a new release comes out. I loved TMBG like a birdhouse in my soul since I was a teen. I'm so happy I don't have to wait so long to introduce my kids to these guys since some of their pre-Disney collaborated* music isn't completely suitable for kids.

It's funny, quirky, catchy and smart. And best of all, reasonably priced and available at Target. I just can't say enough about these guys and their place in our homeschool. The kids ask for it and never even realize they're learning. I realize it when Olivia (she's six) informs me that Everything is made up of mostly four Elements, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Carbon, and Hydrogen. Even Elephants. 
That's all on TMBG. Thanks guys, you've made me a happy homeschoolin' mama.


*FYI I have no idea who they did or did not collaborate with to come up with kids stuff. It's just the first time I knew they did other music was when I learned they did the theme for Higglytown Heros.

No comments: