Saturday, March 27, 2010

At The Beach


Yesterday I took the kids to the beach for a photo shoot. I bought a newPentax K-x a month or so ago and part of me negotiating the purchase was talk of never having to go to Picture People again. A process that is frustrating, annoying and irritating. And expensive.


So, yesterday I packed up my gang all clad in matching outfits and headed out to snap some shots of them. We first tried the park but I was unhappy with that location so we headed over to Clearwater Beach. It's a really pretty beach.


The only problem I had was that everyone was so much more interested in the beach than sitting still for me to take photos of them. Which resulted in lots of action shots and lots of pictures of the backs of their heads.

Here are a few of my favorite shots. In no particular order. The quality could be better, I know but I'm learning.


One thing you can't get at a studio shoot: An amazing backdrop.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures!

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Great pictures! What a beautiful family you have! :)