Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rag Rug-along week 3

Howdy! So this is week three of the Rag Rug-along. If you're new to the game you haven't missed much so jump right in! Last weeks assignment (and the week before that) was to gather materials for your rug. It can be anything as long as it's not strechy and the fabric weights are similar. Shirts, pants, sheets, curtains. Whatever.

Here's my stash...


It consists of various sized flat sheets for various sized beds (one size I don't even have anymore) plus some lonely pillow cases that have no mates. I stayed away from fitted as they'd become odd shaped when I cut off the elastic. I'm going for easy here.

The picture isn't very good but they're greens, browns and blues. The striped is a king size so I have the most of that. I think the smattering of other colors throughout are going to look really good. I have these colors through most of my downstairs.

Here's week three's assignment wash your fabrics and if you're feeling really fiesty, go ahead and iron them too. If they're new wash on hot and try and get them shrunk just incase.

We're taking it nice and slow. Feel free to join up and learn how to make yourself a Rag Rug. I'd love to see photos of your stash if you're following along.

No comments: