Friday, December 4, 2009

Why my house is never clean.

We're getting ready for a vay-cay so I will probably not be blogging until we return late next week. Today is spent wrapping up overdue homeschool assignments, packing for said trip and cleaning the house so my neighbors won't be grossed out when they check on the cats.

The past 20 minutes were spent in the laundry room. The tiny space on the back of the house that easily gets overrun with crap we don't want anyone to see. I decided to start there and work my way to the front of the house. I really don't want to come back to a mess with five days worth of laundry to catch up on.

This is the laundry room.




Look at that superior organizing and what's that? you can actually see the floor. Hell, I even made a couple batches of laundry soap. When I turned around from vaccuming it, preparing to mop, this is what greeted me.


An entire breakfast thrown over the floor. Fabulous.

This is why my house is never clean. It's not from lack of trying, believe me. I'm not complaining about having a tribe to clean up after or making excuses. Just letting you know the "why". And so, if you ever drop by unannounced and find peaunt butter smeared on the window or half an apple on the floor, it's not because I don't clean, it's because I was cleaning something else.

No comments: