Monday, October 18, 2010

It's that time of year again.

No, not Halloween or fall or autum or harvest or anything like that (though those are all happening here and are wildly important to us).

Nope. It's NaNoWriMo time again.

Let me take you back in time for a moment to November 30, 2009. Last year I was happy, optimistic and tired beyond belief. I have an OLL sticker on my car and a NaNo one on my laptop. I earned those last November.

After that day, I lost my novel for about five months. I missed the deadline to get my book edited and published into a softcover for free. I started six more novels and haven't finished a one. I failed miserably at Script Frenzy. I don't even want to talk about that. Forget I mentioned it.

And now, October 18th, 2010, my mind is racing with scenes for a new book. I actually have the thing mapped out start to finish, something I haven't really ever done before. I'm researching names, establishing hirearchies and developing a world unseen before.

If you click on the "Writing" hot link on the right you'll see some sporatic mentions of my creative writing side. I've always been interested in writing. It's one of those Must Do Before I Die things, to get published by an actual company and have my book present for sale at say...Borders.

High asperations? Possibly. But we only go around once on this crazy ride. I intend to max out my ticket.

No comments: