Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Engrossed


I learned my lesson the last time I made pita bread, that cranking up the oven to 500F during an 100 degree day just isn't really very smart. So today, now that the weather has turned to cooler days that hint at autumn, I thought it would be a great treat to make today.


Learning still, from my tendency to just do it myself rather than letting the kids help, I let the kids help. Home Economics has become a core subject.


I was really happy with their ability to use a rolling pin. Though I mixed up the dough in the Kitchenaid and manned the fires of Hell oven, there wasn't a whole lot else for them to do.


Don't mind the marker on her hand, it won't wash off so I didn't worry about it getting in the food. Who bought non-washable markers anyway? Oh, me. Right.  


I have found that I actually crave good pita bread with a generous smearing of raw, local honey more than chocolate chip cookies. And that is really saying something. 

My favorite quote of this whole thing was Olivia exclaiming "Oh my God, we're EATING SCHOOL!"

No comments: