Friday, August 27, 2010

Building a Better Bonnet

I revised the bonnet pattern yesterday. I'm quite pleased though it needs a little tweaking.


According to the kids, the back needs to be "bouncier". Oh, those Prairie Girls and their bouncy backed bonnets.


The brim is near perfect but "the stringers are too big". Which translates from three year old to the ties are too long. Today that will be rectified.


It resembles a newsboy a bit. I blame the lack of bouncy back part and using too long a piece of elastic on the neck line. Perhaps even narrowing that back part considerably might be in order. It literally took me about twenty minutes to draw the pattern and construct the thing. And I didn't get mad or confused once.  I even made different sizes



"Mommy, we read Liddle House on the Querry now?" Emmy asks. "I have my bommet on."


This is why I sew.

No comments: