Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Simple Squares Baby or Lap Quilt Tutorial

I had a lot of fun figuring this out. While I'm sure it's something that has been done before, I wanted to give you a simple, quick beginners quilt guide based on the quilt I made. I used 1 charm pack and supplimented with my own fabrics to extend the pack to 2 quilts. This is my first time doing a quilt tutorial so if I erred please post a comment! finished dimensions are approx 40x45".


Here are the supplies needed:

1 charm pack of fabric

1 yard coordinating

1/2 yard coordinating

1/2 yard coordinating

1/3 yard for binding

40x50 piece of batting

44x50 piece for backing



Part of the fun of working with a charm pack is that most of the work is already done for you. The fabrics are all coordinating saving time trying to match and using solid coordinates helps to focus on the fabrics in the pack. You will need to have 42- 5" x 5" squares for the center of the quilt. I supplimented some in the charm pack for the coordinating fabrics I used around the edges. I felt this gave it a more cohesive feel.







No comments: