Monday, May 2, 2011

Four, glorious Four!


My daughter Amelia turns four today. Last year I wrote her birth story here.

I am still amazed at her. She is smart and witty and though she will laugh and be silly, she's one of the more serious of the bunch.


I think three and four are my favorite ages, even if they have their own challenges. We had a great time yesterday celebrating her birthday. The long road to the next town over is briming with wild flowers so we stopped to take some birthday photos. She had a marvelous time picking the ones that caught her eye.

Then we visisted a friend whos cat had kittens a few months ago and picked one out. It's been a long time since we have had a kitten in the house. 

I made her special request of a "flat cake with yellow frosting with strawberries, sprinkles and four candles" from Smitten Kitchen's Lemon Cake recipe.  It was a wild success.

She passed out in her bed about five minues after lights out. Being four is a lot of work.

Happy Birthday my big girl.

2 comments:

Harvest Kitchen Sisters said...

Happy B day Emmy! I didn't realize Emmy was for Amelia. I had a baby girl in February (1st girl, 3rd child)and we called her Amelia Mae-we call her Millie Mae though! She is a cutie!

Crystal said...

Emmy is our 4th child, third girl :) We were going to name her Emilia when she was inutero and shortened it to Emmy so when she was born we changed it but couldn't stop calling her Emmy. I like Millie though!

May is my middle name, a family name, my oldest is Olivia May. :)